There could never be a more wonderful brother in-law in the world than Joey. I am proud to call him family and more than that, I'm so so thankful that he is a part of us.

The first I ever knew of him was after Cha met when she was 12 at her first camp. I was a little doubtful of this small punk and of course being so much older and wiser at the age of 16, I thought their "love" would fade out. But I was the foolish one.

Joey was the best guy I could ever wish for for my sister, and he was just what she needed which was just what we all needed. He brought his own uniqueness and liveliness and touch to our lives. He was a good boyfriend to Cha, the best friend to Greg, and big brother to Lainy and pal to the little ones, and though me and Cha were going through a phase at the time that we would find every flaw and joke possible to make about eachother's love interests, deep inside I always really admired and respected and liked Joe...and I try to believe Cha felt the same sometimes, heh.

It hasn't been easy over the years. I suppose I should have been the first to have to break a man into the family, but as I always thankfully shirked and avoided that responsibility it fell to Joey and Cha. But Joey was the best man for the job, he has the right measure of pride and humilty, craziness and calm, strength and weakness, and though he's come through a lot, the difficulties and things he faced only made him better and his love for Cha grow more and more. So I have to say I trust and love and honor Joey as a true brother, friend, and family, forever and always.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

0 comments: