Sooooo, it's been awhile since I've actually written anything up here about myself. Course we've all been taught that nobody wants to hear someone talk on and on about themselves, but as this is "A lixy life" I suppose it should contain some of my life.
Hehe, I'm just now I'm just making excuses and killing space. Well, I am doing well and good. I've been here 3 weeks now, on my way onto my 4 week which would make it a month...woohoo. Time does fly. Last week I finally made it into "the city"!! We went through Toronto where I saw buildings for the first time since being home! Granted, trees are much more beautiful, but I thought the buildings looked pretty nice too, ha. I stayed with my parents and two youngest sibblings at my Grandparents house over the weekend, and also got to see my relatives. I really really enjoyed it, I have such an awesome family. I had remembered most of them from the perspective of a 12 year old, so it was nice being able to update my memory banks. (For pictures check out Weekend with the Relatives)


This week I started working on my Cooking and Catering course. The first module arrived in the mail with my first set of books and exams. I had some problems with registering for my online testing, so I had to call into Stratford for asistence--ALL BY MYSELF! I know it sounds pathetic, but I was scared. I'm not used to making business related calls because in Japan my japanese was not quite good enough to understand all that would be said on the other end and I'd miss quite a lot of information. So I had a bit of a stare down with the phone till I finally dialed up and got put on the line with a super nice lady who explained everything and helped me get it all worked out. Yay, I felt so grown up. *ok a little embarassed now* Anyhew, I completed my first exam yesterday and got 100%!! I love my studies. Jesus is taking good care of me. I still don't know a lot of things, there's still a lot of things in my life to do and not do, but as I take it one step at a time with him, I always find myself in a good place surrounded by good things wherever I go.

Last night my family had a special Japanese dinner. It was nothing super spectacular--I made some temakizushi and dashi soup, and mom made potato salad and tempura--but for Canada it is a rare treat. A lot of family friends back in Japan sent different japanese snacks and foods and tea with me for my family, so we were able to treat ourselves. Check out Treasures From Japan.
Lately I spend most of my time working on our new family blog with my mom so my own is sadly dull and lacking--I'm sorry. But I'm rather proud to be working with mommy on our blog as she is quite talented, and smart of course, and even though she fought it and whined constantly when I first forced her into it, she loves it now and she'll come bounding into my room at the oddest times telling me her new inspiration for something to post or something she wants to take pictures of to show everyone. You gotta love mom:) I want to be just like her when I become an older young lady too...but for now while I'm still just a younger old lady, I'm happy to be working and learning from the best. I love you Mom...and Dad too--He trained her too, heh. Will do my best to keep you all updated. Love you lots!

0 comments: