...and what have you done. Another year over, and a new ones just begun."

I think we all have heard that song a bit too often that our mind goes into retreat mode when we hear it playing, but today somehow it got through and got good and stuck in my brain.

On Saturday we visited our last retirement home for the season, and though one part of me heaves a small sigh of "freeeeeee...dom" another sigh is a bit more regretful. As hard as it is preparing and having to actually move out the door, once your out there everything is possible and beautiful, and having that honor and blessing of being a part of another one's life--there really is no better gift or feeling.

There are so many wonderful people out there, so many stories, so many friends, so many memories, so many special miracles that could happen, that could be yours. It can be so easy to get caught up in your own little world, the little problems, worries, limitations, responsibilities, expectations. But then you meet someone else, you see their lives, you feel what they are going through and suddenly you realize the world is a great big place and there is a part for you, not just in your own story, but in other stories, in a story that started thousands of years ago when someone realized by stepping out of His own world, He could create a new one and fill it with life and love.

And that is freedom, and so THIS is Christmas!

2 comments:

yes I know that feeling! I mean that song has been going around and around my head for the past month! lol anyway hope you had a good christmas I love and miss you! and I gotta go to work! lol

Mika Mika! I had a good Christmas, the only thing that could have been better was having you too. I hope you enjoyed it with your family though and found someone to spoil you as you deserve...I was praying that Jesus would anyways, He never fails:) We all love you tons and tons and miss you!!! Get over here!