Christmas has come and gone, but all it stands for--family, friendship, giving, sharing, loving--remains, and it's my prayer that we never ever lose that for even one day of this coming year.

I heard the statement "It doesn't feel like Christmas time!" a lot this year, and half of it was probably me whinning soomewhere in my own head. But maybe that's what makes it time for Christmas--the ending of a long year, too much stress, a haywire household, too much to do, too little time to do it, low on finances, low on patience, losing hope. But isn't that where it all started? As the darkness sets a light appears, " a ray of hope, the weary world rejoices for yonder breaks a new and glorious morn."

Christmas is the setting, the dawning of the New Year! And so regardless of whether our Christmas is white, or green, or gray, and bright, or gloomy, or even messy, and whether we get all the gifts we had wanted or not, we will always have the greatest gift and setting of all...A NEW YEAR and a FRESH BEGINNING and CHANCE to spend time with family, make new friends, give what we have to make our dreams come true, share our time, moments, experiences and love with a world full of opportunities and love living!

So that's my wish, my hope, my prayer for you all who I love and care for so dearly. I pray that God will give you these opportunities and then help you see them all around you and take them and claim them as your own so you will truly have a Merry Christmas every day and a Happy New Year all year!

And by the way, I had a lovely Christmas despite it being less white and more gray, and less frosty and more sloppy. I spent it with all my family, grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins and there is nothing else in the world that could have taken the place of that. Check out all the pictures at A Family Christmas.

4 comments:

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you Lixy! I love you & it was so nice chatting with you today! muwah! xoxo

Okay. That was stupendous. I love this story.

Seeing it written out is pretty nice.

But I was going for the extra bang for my buck, and I was trying to imagine what it would be like to watch you deliver this story.

O! To DREAM!!

I love you to Laura, so very much. A year can't go wrong when I can start it off smiling and laughing with you again...now it feels right! Thanks for chatting with me and always making me feel loved. Praying for you this year! It's going to be awesome, we'll find a way to let Jesus spoil us without getting too rotten, ha...woohoo!

Yay, thank you Andy! haha I worried about causing you too much torture reading on my behalf, but it's nice to know that like the quilt, Jesus can shine through all my many gaping holes too:) but we've got a year ahead of us so maybe He will help me fill in a bit better in some areas too.