I'M NOT ALRIGHT (by Sanctus Real)
If weakness is a wound that no one wants to speak of
Then "cool" is just how far we have to fall
I am not immune, I only want to be loved
But I feel safe behind the firewall

Can I lose my need to impress?
If you want the truth I need to confess

I'm not alright, I'm broken inside
And all I go through, it leads me to you

Burn away the pride
Bring me to my weakness
Until everything I hide behind is gone
And when I'm open wide with nothing left to cling to
Only you are there to lead me on.

'Cause honestly, I'm not that strong.

I'm not alright, I'm broken inside
And all I go through, it leads me to you
Leads me to you, Closer to you

I'm not alright, I'm not alright
I'm not alright ... that's why I need you.


I first heard this song last month in one of the classes that were given during the Academy. The day before I had been taking with a friend about experiences we've come through in the past and the way they still are with us or affect the way we are today. In the end we came to the conclusion that we were just damaged in a way and thankfully we had the Lord's love and that was enough. And then I heard this song, and it felt like the words to my heart, and I realized, we weren't damaged. We are broken, we aren't always alright, but it brings us closer to Who we love, and who we want to be. In the end, we wouldn't want it any other way.


2 comments:

Wow Lixy!!! Deep!! Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing! "through it all, through it all, I've learned to trust in Jesus and I've learned to trust His word. Through it all, through it all I've learned to depend upon His word" PTL!! I want to hear that song, where can I get it? and the picture is beautiful!! did you do that? So talented, our Lixy, she is!!

Love you!

Dad

So true daddy, same message with different words! You can find the music video on YouTube if you type in Sanctus Real-I'm Not Alright, or I'll skype you the link. Such a good song. Hah, and no, I'm not that good, I found the picture online, but maybe one day:) Love you.