"Valentines Day"...

I asked someone yesterday 'So what are you doing tomorrow for valentines?' to which I got the reply, 'I can't celebrate valentines day cause I don't have anyone'.

I was a little worried if I also, being someone-less, was doomed to be left out of this day.

I googled valentines day definitions, and I got every definition from a day for romantic lovers to exchange gifts, to celebration of those you love, to Saints, and martyrs, and even something about wolves and pagans and yadayadayada.

So what is valentines day? And what makes it different from any other day?

I DON'T KNOW!

But I'll tell you what I do know--whether I can celebrate valentines day or not, I can celebrate love today and when I celebrate love I celebrate God and when I celebrate God I find myself filled with thankfulness for life, for love, and for you! I'm thankful for the love of family, for the love of friends, for the love of strangers, for the countless forms of love that make life a precious priceless richly blessed and splendid place.

So CHEERS to another wonderful day where love surrounds us all. Long Live Love!!

I love you!...and Happy Valentines Day.

6 comments:

143, 2!!

I LOVE this post, Lixy!! You know just how to say it;D.
Happy Valentine's to you too. Love ya!

Happy Belated Valentines Lixy!! If I were with you I would've covered you with kisses & hugs and stuffed your pockets full of chocolates & yummies ;)!!

..but since I'm not I suppose Jesus had done it for me! xoxo I love you!!

Aw I feel so much love :) that's what makes life worth living! Thanks so much and I love you Dawnie!! and Laura! I hope you had a happy valentines too with tons of love from the Lord and lots there from me too!

Lixy! I know I haven't been in touch and I know Im breaking a promise to you because I said I would keep in touch! but I want you to know that I love you soooooooooo much and we will have lots of fun times when we come and visit in the summer! I promise! so don't be a workaholic and keep some time set aside for me ok? I love you!!!!!!!!!!! xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox and p.s don't run off with any cute boys before i can aprove of them! ahaha luv you luv you luv you luv you luv you