It's a New Year! It's a Happy Year. It's 2010 and it's going to be grand.

Now I don't know what this year is going to bring me--like really really no clue at all, one single bit, no idea kind of don't know.

I never thought I'd be starting a new year in a new country, yet here I am, in the last place I thought I'd be, not quite as accomplished as I'd hoped to be, not as strong, as wise, as beautiful, as "wow" as I could dream, and yet still happy. So I think of that and know that no matter where this year is going to take me, all the hopes and promises I might make and might break, the one thing I am taking with me the promise of happiness and that is found in this promise...

I Am The New Year
I am an unspoiled page in your book of time.

I am your next chance at the art of living. I am your opportunity to practice what you have learned about life during the last twelve months.

All that you sought and didn't find is hidden in me, waiting for you to search it but with more determination.

All the good that you tried for and didn't achiever is mine to grant when you have fewer conflicting desires.

All that you dreamed but didn't dare to do, all that you hoped but did not will, all the faith you claimed but did not have--these slumber lightly, waiting to be awakened by the touch of a strong purpose.

I am your opportunity to renew your allegiance to Him who said, "Behold, I make all things new."

5 comments:

It is going to be a fantastic New Year.

;)

We are just so thankful that Jesus has you here with us!! You are such a blessing, we couldn't do it without you!!! Thanks!!!!

Dad

Hahah yes you could Daddy, you can do anything, but I'm glad the Lord's got us together for awhile so we can do everything all together :)

we were suposto spend new years together, but u were in canada and I had to go stand in line at a shop so my friend could buy clothes that she didn't need, for three long hours, but I;m glad u had fun! and I love you and miss you

I know I know I know :( I was looking forward to you being my savior and rescuing me from a new year all alone and then I left you to the horrible fate of shopping...I'm sorry! I promise to make it up to you...come soon and give me a chance okay:) I love you so much, always praying that Jesus is taking good care if you for me!